The beautiful island of Kauai is filled with wonderful ways to spend your time, have fun and create long-lasting memories with your family, friends or that special someone. If you have an upcoming trip planned, then you’ll need to know the best things to do in Kauai, including where to go, how to spend your time, and more. Use the following list to get to know some of the best sites and activities on the big island of Kauai.
- Waimea Canyon is probably at the top of every list of the best things to do in Kauai. The Canyon is a gorgeous 10 miles, and goes 3,600 feet deep. There’s a great, scenic off-road for driving and stopping along designated viewpoints. Continue into Koke’e State Park for a wonderful nature reserve of 4,000 acres.
Na Pali Coast
- Is this the most beautiful coastline in the world? Na Pali coast just might be. With 17-miles of beautiful coastline, mile-high cliffs, beautiful waterfalls and more, you’ll need to see it to believe it.
- The world famous, breathtaking Poipu Beach happens to be right next door and immediately accessible from our very own Koloa Landing® Resort!
- If you’re looking to visit a second beach destination, Hanalei Bay is a top choice, a serene two-mile crescent bay, with calm waters great for swimming, boating and more.
- Come for the Lighthouse, stay for the Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge and its migratory seabirds, and the chance to see humpback whales swimming off the coast.
Hiking Trails at Koke’e State Park
- There’s really an unending collection of hiking trails, parks, beaches and sites. In Koke’e State Park alone, for instance, are 45 separate hiker trails. Take in as much as you can, and know there’s always another beautiful, hidden spot waiting to be found.
- For a bit of history visit the Kauai Museum, replete with old maps and relics dating back hundreds of years, indigenous Hawaiian islands art and artifacts dating back much farther than that, and more. Don’t be afraid though, this is a small and fun museum which will be great for the whole family.
Helicopter Sightseeing Tours
- For amazing, unique sights, along with some adrenaline pumping excitement, a helicopter tour over the island and around its various mountains, cliffs, canyons, waterfalls and more is a top choice.
Water Activities on Kauai’s North Shore
- There’s an endless variety of water sports and activities to keep you busy on the north shore. From kayaking to snorkeling with sea turtles, paddle boarding and surfing, there’s something for everyone, along with group or individual lessons, guided tours and more.
Aloha to Leisure & Lounging at Our Scenic Kauai Resort
- Many people believe that of each of the best things to do in Kauai, the first and foremost of them all is simply enjoying the best of leisure, lounging and relaxation. Relax on the beautiful beaches or pool front, enjoy the weather and the scenery, sip on a beverage and unwind!
One of the great benefits of staying at our Kauai resort is the on-site concierge who can help plan, organize and reserve tickets for the majority of the activities listed above. Contact the resort today or give us a call at (888) 317 – 0205 to your book vacation and enjoy all the best things to do in Kauai during your stay.