Kauai undoubtedly boasts beauty — lush scenery in every direction, white sandy beaches, a stunning sea cliff coast, and much, much more. What may not be as evident is that the oldest of the Hawaiian islands also offers some culturally unique gifts.
We’ve compiled a list of the best gifts you can mail home to your family that really encapsulate the
Aloha Spirit. From food and tea to apparel and scents, there’s something unique on this list for even the pickiest recipient in your family.
- Anahola Granola: Anahola Granola has been handmade in Hawaii since 1986. Their ingredients are unadulterated and capture the exotic flavorings of Kauai’s tropical paradise to bring the fresh Hawaiian taste to your family. Original, tropical, and trail mixes are available.
- Hanalei Tea: Enjoy a taste of the tropics with one of the Hanalei Tea Company’s specially- blended teas that combine fine Ceylon black tea with the tropical Hawaiian fruit flavors of the island. Each handcrafted wooden box contains 25 flavored tea bags. A portion of the company’s sales are also donated to programs dedicated to preserving the environment of the Hawaiian Islands.
- Island Soap & Candle Works: This gem offers a full line of natural Hawaiian Island Botanical lotions, beeswax candles, lip balms, salves, and other gift items. Their scents will bring Kauai home to your loved ones. Plus, you get a free Kauai Kiss lip balm with each purchase. Stop in to see how they make their soaps and candles.
- Kauai Kookie: Kauai Kookies are the original cookies on the Garden Isle. Their goodies are baked using some of Hawaii’s finest ingredients, including macadamia nuts, Kona coffee, and Kauai’s Makaweli poi. Kauai Kookies originally came in eight island flavors – Kona Coffee Macadamia, Chocolate Chip Macadamia, Peanut Butter, Guava Macadamia, Coconut Krispies, Cornflake Crunch, Macadamia Nut Shortbread, and Almond. Now, they’ve expanded to even more varieties. Kauai Kookie bakes more than 50,000 cookies and other specialty bakery items on a daily basis.
- Kauai Coffee: Kauai Coffee’s Koloa Estate is the largest coffee farm in the United States.
Kauai’s 3,100acre coffee plantation is home to four million coffee trees. Their coffee is grown in rich, volcanic soil, touched by abundant mountain rain, warmed by the Pacific sun, and cooled by the gentle Hawaiian trade winds. There’s something delicious for any caffeine lover here. You can also schedule a walking tour or coffee tasting.
- Aloha Spice Company: Their organic and gourmet seasonings reflect the diversity of flavors and cultures unique to Hawaii. The Aloha Spice Company makes all blends and rubs in small batches using the highest quality herbs and spices available.
- a. ell design: Enjoy Island wear with a classic flair with environmentally sensitive fabrics and clothing designs. High-quality, naturally ecofriendly fabrics, and guaranteed workmanship are hallmarks of the company, which specializes in casual island wear for men, women, and children. They also offer beach style wedding dresses and home decor.
If you would like more information, the experienced Koloa Landing® Concierge can help you find that unique Kauai gift. Give us a call at 808-240-6609 so we can help you plan your getaway and send a slice of it home.