COVID-19 Health & Safety Program
Koloa Landing Resort has developed a comprehensive program specifically geared towards the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. The program follows the guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization, Center for Disease Control & Prevention, as well as the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council, which is comprised of experts in hospitality, epidemiology, sanitation, and protective health and hygiene technology.
The following outlines the primary pillars of our COVID-19 Health & Safety Program:
- Only products & protocols meeting EPA guidelines for use against viruses, bacteria, & other airborne & blood-borne pathogens are used at the resort;
- All areas of the resort, including Holoholo Grill, front desk, back offices, public spaces, and restrooms, are equipped with hand sanitizing stations;
- All public spaces, back of house areas, and guest rooms are being cleaned & sanitized using industry-leading protocols with particular attention being given to frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators & elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys & locks, stair handles, TV remote controls, toilet seats & handles, door & furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, light switches, thermostats, alarm clocks, luggage racks, and flooring.
- All employees have completed mandatory COVID-19 prevention training;
- All employees are required to wear face masks and appropriate PPE at all times;
- All employees receive temperature checks at the beginning of every shift;
- Employees are required to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds every 60 minutes throughout the day;
- Safe social distancing of at least 6’ is being practiced in all areas of the resort including check-in, concierge, the marketplace, Holoholo Grill, and any other location that requires face-to-face engagement;
- Markings on the ground to maintain social distancing is in place in areas of the resort where lines may form;
- Furniture has been removed and/or rearranged to maintain proper distance between guests;
- All guest room keys are collected and disinfected;
- Employees are not allowed to show up for work if they are feeling ill; and
- Any employees who might have been exposed to COVID-19 are required to advise their manager.